Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Saturday, April 14, 2012

And another good band

The Sisters of Mercy is a good band. Not my favorite band (some of their songs are a bit drone-y for my taste) -- but they have some winners.

Here's one I like: "Lucretia My Reflection". I don't know what the lyrics are about -- but good snippets of imagery -- and a great melody and arrangement.




The music video is pretty neat-o, as well. Again, dunno what it's about -- but still cool.




According to the Wikipedia article, they have a large "goth" following -- although they don't self-identify as goth.

They also use a drum machine rather than a live drummer -- both in recordings and in live shows. I find that interesting, from a songwriting point of view.


--GG

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At April 22, 2012 9:37 AM, Blogger Neng Erna said...

Have a nice day...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home