Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Taps

Just before Valentine's day, I bought a pair of tap shoes. I'd wanted to learn how to tap dance for a few years now, and -- similar to when I bought an electric guitar -- I figured that you can't learn how to tap dance without tap shoes.

And now it's a month later. How am I going?

Well, I discovered that it's a lot harder than it looks. It's fun -- I'm teaching myself through YouTube videos -- but apparently a lot of it involves keeping your heel **just** above the ground. This is hard work, and also tricky to balance (you're on the balls of your foot -- usually on just one foot!).

The Lady asked that I not tap dance on the floors: she was afraid I was going to scratch them. So, I got a white piece of shelving from the shed and used that. But I kept running out of room. After about a week, I got another piece of wood -- which you can see, under the white wood -- and I've been using that instead. More room; works better.

I practiced every night for about two weeks -- then got busy and didn't touch it for a while. Then I did it here and there -- maybe once a week. We'll see how it goes.


--GG

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home