Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Friday, April 29, 2011

Free exit

Today I finally brought home the box with the spare "Exit" signs that's been under my desk at work since Friday, April 8th.

I was at the bus depot at 9:03am, for the 9:08 bus. Didn't want to just stand around, so I thought I'd go inside the mall, make the short loop, and come back.

As I went inside, I noticed some workers taking down the "EXIT" signs, and replacing them with the "person running out the door" signs. Asked them what was up, and they said that the "EXIT" signs (with the word) were being systematically replaced throughout the mall -- I guess so that little kids and folks who can't read wouldn't be disadvantaged during an emergency.

I asked what they were doing with the signs the took down. Getting thrown away.

I asked if I could have one. Sure.

Guy handed me one that he'd put in a box. (When I later looked, it also had some extras of the new version: nifty!) Didn't have time to go back to the car -- I'd already missed the 9:08 by talking to the workmen -- so I took it in to work with me.


I'll probably install them on the speaker cabinets for some future guitar amplifier. You know: because the sound "exits" through the speaker. Back-light it with some LEDs.


--GG

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At May 03, 2011 4:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This one is very classic and great sign of Exit.I like this free exit sign.It is cute and excellent.

exit signs

 
At May 10, 2011 11:30 PM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

Thx! :)

Generally, I just like (1) free stuff, that is (2) perfectly good, and a shame to just throw away. ;)


--GG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home