Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Busy but around

Hm! Just noticed that I haven't posted anything for five days. I'm around -- I've just been busy.

Haven't done much music, but I **have** done funny little bits of woodworking. There's a window of opportunity between 5:15 and 7pm when the sun goes behind the trees (it's summer here) and the kids can play outside without it being too sunburn-y. While I'm supervising them, I'm also doing little puttery things in the back yard, including some minor woodworking things which I'll elaborate on in a later post.

Over the past week I've used a smoothing plane, scrub plane, and router plane [my first time!]-- plus a mallet and chisels, and a cordless drill. Interesting to those who use hand tools, and a big ''huh?'' to everyone else, I'm sure... :)


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home