Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

More GeekPoints

My near-nightly ritual is to copy my files from work, via my USB key, to The Lady's laptop. Then, after I've done my night's work, I copy them back to my USB key, to then copy them to my machine at work the next morning.

As I was looking through my knapsack for my "main" USB key, I came across my older, smaller one -- which I prefer the design of, compared to my current "user", but unfortunately it's only half the capacity. Then I realized that -- Hey! -- I have a favorite USB key.

Having a favorite USB flashdrive: 5 GeekPoints(TM).

(Note: The USB key pictured isn't mine; it's just the result of a Google image search for a green USB key.)


Looking around the room, I also realized that I have a favorite computer. 10 GeekPoints(TM) for that.

I say ten, and not five, because having multiple computers is less common than having multiple USB keys. Rare-er, and thus worth more.

IMO. :)


--GG

2 Comments:

At July 15, 2008 11:28 AM, Blogger slag said...

I have a favorite one too. I keep losing it.

 
At July 15, 2008 12:05 PM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

Losing the USB key? Bummer.

Your MFP-gifted laptop still working for ya?


--GG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home