Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

computer thing

The DOS-based scandisk was **much** zippier than the Windows version. And, as I said, the display was much more informative.

However -- when it finished, the tab/enter-based options on the bottom of the screen wouldn't respond to my keystrokes. Upon reboot (several times), I kept getting a"no keyboard" error.

**Could** have been that my keyboard suddenly stopped working. But you wouldn't think so. I've since tried different keyboards, to no avail.

My Computer Friends say it's a BIOS-level thing, and thus at a deeper level than the operating system or the hard drive.


Computer irony: I love how the screen says"Keyboard error. Hit F1 to continue"


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home