Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Mystery monitor

When I came in to work on Monday, there was a large -- 18'' screen -- computer monitor partially blocking the entry to my cubicle. It had mysteriously appeared over the weekend. I was mildly annoyed: What is this -- my area's the computer dumping grounds?

Although in some ways, it's my own fault: I **do** have three dead hard drives stacked on the floor by my desk... But I also have a still-in-the-box PC in my ''doorway'', left over from our computer upgrades. The monitor is sitting on that.

I asked our I.T. guy if he knew its origins; he didn't.

But tonight, on my way out the door, I learned that my boss -- the guy who offered up the surplus computers for sale -- thought it might go nicely with the obsolete P-III mega-tower. (Which is still at work; haven't paid for it yet.)

Hey, that was pretty darned nice. And fitting, as well: As people are moving to flatscreen monitors, I now have a top-end but obsolete monitor to go with my top-end but obsolete mega-tower.

Spiffy. :)


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home