Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

New job: still exciting!

Today, I get to attend a meeting downtown! With one of the co-directors of the research center I work at! And we even get to take a taxi!

Dressed up with a suit jacket and a tie (Scottish tartan of my family name). Grey slacks, with a crease down the front. And matching socks! (Not to my outfit; to each other.)

Almost wore a 1940s(?) tie with a scene of wild ducks rising up from a marsh -- and little teeny tiny hunters in a rowboat in the background, shooting at them. The 1940s look would have gone well with my grey slacks, etc. -- but wasn't sure how the clients we're meeting with would take to a hunting scene. Plus, I was cold this morning, so also wore a grey sweater-vest: wouldn't have been able to see the scene.


A LOT of co-workers commented on how sharp I look today. Which is a complement -- but maybe also a comment on how daggy I usually look. (Daggy = Aussie slang for sloppy, slightly desreputable-looking.)


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home