Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Good Christmas present

I bought my first electric guitar in 1988 (I think). Since then -- or perhaps even right from the start -- I've been looking for a green (my favorite color) guitar.

Electric guitar seem to be either black, white, or red. Sometimes blue. But, not green.

Sure, I could just buy a white guitar (lots of them!) and paint it. But that's not quite the same...

I **have** seen the occasional green guitar. But they've been in the $800+ range (oh yeah: I'm a bottom-feeder -- I want inexpensive, used guitars).

BUT!!! -- while doing my bi-monthly check on one of the local pawn shops, I saw a used, inexpensive (<$150!!!) electric guitar. And, as a bonus, the body type and configuration (e.g. dual humbuckers) was essentially the same a Gypsy, my first electric guitar, which had been lost to a buglary around 2004.


Yay!

Picked it up. It's stashed away, to be a Christmas present from my wife (or the kids?) to me, this Christmas.


--GG

2 Comments:

At December 08, 2009 4:25 PM, Blogger slag said...

Good find! Normally, I wouldn't encourage adding to collections, but this guitar is totally you!

 
At December 08, 2009 11:10 PM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

Thx!

(Not adding to collections: You should meet my sister, sometime. She's of like mind.) :)

--GG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home