Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Saturday, May 05, 2012

Guitar geekery


During my lunch break at work yesterday, I tried to adjust the intonation of my guitar.  (That is:  micro-adjust the string length, by making small adjustments at the tail end of the guitar.)  The photo shows it laid out on the cabinet at the end of our large meeting room.

You can see the clip-on tuner on the headstock.  It's the round thingy.  Love it.


**Unfortunately**, one of the bridge saddles got jammed.  Looks like I'm going to need bolt cutters to snip through the bolt and remove it -- and then buy a replacement one.  (The bridge saddles are **not** high-quality.)

Although:  I'm thinking about replacing them with another sort of bridge.


Anyhow, just thought I'd share.  Not too many office workers spent their Friday lunch break doing guitar maintenance, I reckon.


--GG

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home