Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Dreamed about a play

Dreamed that Old Roommate was directing a short play, and I was assistant director, as well as acting in a medium-sized part.

It was the day before the dress rehearsal -- and for some reason I had failed to arrange an understudy for the main role in the scene that I was in charge of. Old Roommate chastised me for that.

AND, even though it was the day before the dress rehearsal, I hadn't even **looked** at any of my lines. In fact, I didn't even remember what role I was!


This is probably a variation on the traditional ''I'm at school and there's a test I forgot to study for'' dreams.


--GG

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At February 23, 2012 11:15 AM, Anonymous KansasLutheran said...

Wonder how long people continue to have dreams like that. I still do--20 years after college, but then again I'm in education, so maybe that has something to do with it? Basic insecurity dream, but some version of that dream is the one I have most often.

 
At March 06, 2012 12:48 PM, Anonymous Giovanni said...

Interesting. What I think makes me abnormal, is I've never had the "I'm at school and I'm naked!" dream. But even now, 20 years after high school, I still sometimes have the "calculus test is today -- and I haven't studied for a few weeks!" or the "the play is today -- and I haven't learned my lines!" dreams.

I was just talking w/ a cow - orker today about this: It wasn't until my college roommate kept flushing what she shouldn't have, that I started having "The toilet is overflowing!" nightmares. (For those that know -- it was Jessica!)

 
At March 06, 2012 10:07 PM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

Yeah -- I never have the "naked" dream. Mine is usually a variation of "having a test" or "giving a performance".

The performance is usually either a play (I'm stink-o at memorizing lines), or a piano recital (I don't play the piano). It's never a rock band situation, as I think my subconscious knows I could actually "wing it" for that.

--GG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home