Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Monday, December 05, 2011

Keep some tools at work

In 1998 at J.C. Penny's there was a sale where if you bought some certain amount of merchandise, for an extra twenty bucks you could get a tool kit. I took them up on the offer, and since then at all of my different "office jobs", I've always had a tool kit under my desk.

It's one of those "briefcase"-style tool kits, with all the basics: hammer, tape measure, pliers, wrenches, screwdrivers...

In each of my jobs, people have been amused that I have a tool kit at work. And then, a few weeks, or a few months, later, they ask to borrow it: loose screw, desk that needs disassembling, whatever.

At my current job it's been under my desk for about half a year, without use. But then in the last two weeks it's been used five times. So, once again, it's proved its usefulness. :)


--GG

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home