Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Longjohnns

So, I have a pair of longjohns which I sometimes use as pajama pants. Had 'em for a few years. Still good -- no holes -- except that the elastic in the waistband had deteriorated and no longer held the pants up.

I'd rather repair, rather than toss, things. So, I installed a drawstring.

Made marks at regular intervals inside the waistband, with a permanent marker. Then I used an awl (pictured) to poke holes. With each hold, I pulled a drawstring through the hole, using a paper clip which I'd straightened, then folded in half, as a needle.


Have worn the "repaired" longjohns several times now. The repair seems to work fine.


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home