Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Changing my scent

I’m frugal, yet spendy. I’ll buy multiple electric guitars. But, only if each new one is a good deal. I hope to never spend more than... five hundred?... on a guitar. And you can find electric guitars for four or five hundred bucks with no difficulty.

I’ll buy a slushie a day, during our 2:15 “Slushie Run” at work. Yet if the slushie machine is down, I’ll refuse to buy a bottle of pop as a substitute -- because that’s fifty cents more expensive.

That’s a bit of context for me and my scent.

So, I suppose the following is another a reflection of how cheap I am. I have an almost used-up bottle of “Talc”-scented aftershave, that I’ve had for a zillion years. And I have a half-used bottle of Old Spice “original” (cinnamon-y) scented aftershave. Both of which are fine -- but for maybe the last eight(?) years, I’ve thought the “cool water”-style of men’s fragrance is the way I’d like to go. But I figured it would be wasteful to not use up the other bottles, first.

As I said: about eight years. I could’ve used ‘em up faster by slopping it on -- but that would be wasteful.

But today, I was helping The Lady with the grocery shopping, and we happened to pause in the toiletries aisle. There on the left was the men’s pit-sticks and aftershaves. And there, on the shelf: Gillette “Cool Wave” flavor. Six bucks. So on impulse, I got it: only the best for me.

And now I have three bottles of aftershave. Maybe I’ll keep one in my drawer at work. Or sprinkle some in my sock drawer. Or on the dog.


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home