Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

About this blog

As I've hopefully mentioned on occassion, the content of this blog is ''mostly true.'' In my Data Archiving class (last week; Cranberry) we were taught about ''de-identifying'' data -- e.g. through combining age categories, combining postcodes.

So: just 'cause I'm mildly concerned about identity theft and similar bad things, I tend to shift identifying features (e.g. specific dates of birth) around. Likewise, the whole ''Gye Greene'' pseudonym, rather than my real name.

Plus, it's all ''Batman'', y'know? :)

(The other good names, like ''Bono'' and ''Sting'' and ''Prince'' were already taken.)


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home