Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Saturday, October 29, 2005

The price of fame?

Tall Guy recently wrote about the price of fame. One thing that's concerned me over the years that that rock and roll -- or at least, breaking in to it -- is in many ways a young person's game. I still could sleep on floors, or five to a motel room, or in the van -- but... I'd prefer not to.

And I've always been a bit of a homebody, a non-tourist (which makes tomorrow somewhat ironic -- ''ironic'' used in the lazy, non-correct sense). I just wouldn't enjoy spending six months on tour: I'd put up with it, in [hopefully!] a good-natured manner -- because one puts up with things one has to do. But I'd rather be in my own home, with my wife and child. Funny, that.

I think the compromise might be that I'd consider do a few three-day, local-ish tours (if such a need ever arose). And if TG and I happened to have something approaching a hit record, I'd bring the wife and kid along, too. And I'd tour maybe once.

Or, so I say.

Maybe I can make like the Beatles [latter-era], and just refuse to tour.


Although, ahh -- maybe I should release an album, first. And finish a Dissertation before that. ;)


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home