Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Online regional terminology quiz

Pretty interesting! Online quiz to see what region of the U.S. is most represented by your terminology.

www.alphadictionary.com/articles/yankeetest.html

Let me know what you scored... ;)

Curiously, I scored 47%, whereas my dad scored 35%. Yet we were both raised in the Everett-Seattle area. (Granted, twenty-some years apart...) His sibs scored around the 40s, as I recall.


One of the terms the ask about is ''liquor store.'' That's what it's called in WA State. About a year ago I found out that in other regions, it's called a ''package shop''(?). Here in Aussie-land, it's a ''bottle shop'' -- including some that are drive-through.


Pretty strict DUI/DWI laws, though.


--GG

2 Comments:

At September 01, 2005 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I scored a 60%. I just call a drive-thru liquor store well, a drive-thru liquor store...

 
At September 01, 2005 10:47 PM, Blogger Tara said...

I got a 76%. It said my neck must be at least pink.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home