Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Friday, October 28, 2022

Results from two mystery rolls of film

On 10 Sept I bought a camera online which came with two mystery rolls of exposed film (one was 120 format, the other was 620 format):  the seller thought they were old but un-used -- but when I went to his house to make the purchase, I could tell they'd actually been shot.

I was sufficiently curious about their contents to pay for their development.  They were pretty old  and had been in a hot garage for a while:  my note to myself said:

A roll of 120 and a roll of 620; already shot, as it turns out; both rolls expired in the mid-’70s, so have probably been sitting in a hot shed for 50 years –- will have to totally push-process; just came with the camera.

The contents were:  trains.  Huh.


Here's one of them as it came to me (kinda faded and deteriorated) -- and then with a bit of digital enhancement:




And here's a few more, after I cleaned them up a little.







As usual, click to make larger (some of them are hard to figure out when they're small).


There's a few more that I haven't posted:  these were the better ones. 


So I guess someone really liked trains. :)


--GG

 





Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home