Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Slushieriffic

I like slushies, smoothies, frappies, milkshakes, and the like.  I'm also relatively frugal.

We were at the Ekka (state fair) yesterday, and we wanted to buy some slushies.  But the frozen Coke vendors had massively marked up the cost -- basically double what it costs at the 7-11.  On the other hand, the fruit smoothie folks were basically charging what they charge ''on the outside''.  So for 50c more, I could have a regular-priced fruit smoothie rather than a same-sized frozen Coke.  Also, the largest size was not much more than the medium.  So, I bought four larges, for me and the kids (The Lady didn't want one).

But -- there was frozen yogurt mixed in, which has a slight sourness to it -- so the kids didn't like their smoothies.  So I had to drink mine, plus theirs.  So, that's four.

About an hour later, I bought another one:  that's five.

And on the way home, I picked up a frozen Coke.  That's six.  Although this time it was a medium.


I'm pretty sure that six frozen drinks in one day is a personal record.


--GG

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At August 31, 2013 5:38 PM, Anonymous Dave'ola said...

Have you ever tried an instant slushie? http://food-hacks.wonderhowto.com/how-to/make-self-freezing-coca-cola-slushy-or-any-kind-instant-soda-slurpee-0147581/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home