Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Good meaning of life quotes


More quotes from the Daredevil graphic novel.



MEANING OF LIFE:

I remember that the Chief said that his [vision] quests involve asking himself three questions. “Who am I?” “What have I become with the who that I am?” and “Why am I here?”

(Maya Lopez, in the Daredevil: The Man Without Fear series “Echo – Vision Quest”, story and art by David Mack, #53)


INNER STRUGGLE OF YOUR BEST AND YOUR WORST:

The way the Chief told me, the story goes like this.

This guy, [...] he was a good guy, but I think he had some problems in the past. [...]

And in describing his inner struggles, he says to the Chief, "There are two dogs inside me. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good.

“The mean dog fights the good dog all the time."

And when I heard that, I really understood this guy.

I knew that the one dog was like your dreams and good intentions. He is full of purpose. And order.

He maybe represents your respect for others and your respect for yourself. Respect for what you can do if you put your heart into it.

And the other dog... he has no respect for anything.

He's like a rabid beast. Crazy and self-indulgent. He blames everyone else for his sickness. He lashes out at every opportunity. He loves nothing but wallowing in the hot darkness of his anger.

So someone asks this guy [...] a question. Someone asks him which do usually wins.

And the guy sort of looks down and thinks about it for a while. He doesn't say anything for a long time.

And after a moment's reflection, he answers.

He says this. He says, 'The dog that wins is the one that I feed the most.' ”

(Wolverine/Logan, in the Daredevil: The Man Without Fear series “Echo – Vision Quest”, story and art by David Mack, #55)


--GG


(Image source : http://www.workingpitbull.com/images/fightsm.jpg -- nasty stuff!!!)

1 Comments:

At November 28, 2007 12:59 PM, Blogger slag said...

Mighty violent picture, you got there. Makes me sad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home